Quiver 2.1 Release Notes
Quiver 2.1 is finally here, with 50+ improvements.
Mac AppStore Link
- Keyboard navigation: use arrow keys (up, down, left, right) to move between cells, and cmd+arrow keys for faster navigation. You can also use the right arrow key to navigate from the note list to the note, and the escape key to come back.
- Added syntax highlighting support for 17 languages: Cirru, Dockerfile, Eiffel, Elixir, Elm, Gcode, Gherkin, Gitignore, Io, N-Triples, Praat, SAS, Smarty, SPARQL, SPSS, Turtle, Vala
- Added a setting to scroll the note content past end while editing
- Added settings for enabling autocompletion and tab triggers in code cells
- User settings (code cell theme, tab size, etc.) are now applied to the preview and presentation mode.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for inserting lists and headings
- Added a yellow highlighter to the text cell toolbar
- Added a keyboard shortcut (Cmd+K) to make a URL into a link
- Added a keyboard shortcut (Opt-Cmd-/) to change language in a code cell
- Support checkboxes in text cells
- Added a toolbar button to insert an image in a text cell
- Table support in Markdown cells
- Support GFM task lists in Markdown cells
- Pretty print JSON, XML, CSS and SQL
- Set tab sizes for all cell types
- Edit CSS for preview, presentation, and exported HTML
- Added a setting to show line numbers in code cells
- Added settings to show/hide invisibles, indent guides in code cells
- Added options to use Vim or Emacs key binding in code cells, Markdown cells and LaTeX cells
- Added a setting to use GFM linebreaks in Markdown cells
- Paste note links into a Markdown cell
- Inline LaTeX now works in Markdown cells
- Add application-wide custom macros to LaTeX cells
- Added navigation buttons and keyboard shortcuts (left and right arrow keys) to the presentation mode
- Export all your settings and CSS customizations into a single JSON file. This makes it easy to sync settings across multiple computers.
- Import Markdown and plain text files
- Export to Markdown: Markdown cells are concatenated, code cells become fenced code blocks.
- When exporting a notebook to HTML, all the pages are now linked together.
- Quiver now remembers the last opened note and reopens it upon launch.
- Tags are now case-sensitive.
- Removed the alert when moving notes to trash.
- Changed the keyboard shortcut for deleting a note to “cmd+delete” to avoid accidental deletions
- Added a “Rename Notebook” menu item to the notebook context menu
- Added a “Add to Shortcuts” menu item to the note context menu
- Fixed a bug that sometimes notebook names were not saved.
- Fixed a bug that the tutorial notebook couldn’t be permanently deleted.
- Fixed a bug that the “discard changes” dialog shows up after creating or updating a note.
- Fixed a bug that the notebook name field loses focus during editing.
- Fixed an issue with sharing a Quiver library or notebooks via a network drive.
- Fixed an issue that Markdown preview sometimes gets out of sync.
- Fixed Markdown preview styles: paragraphs are now properly separated.
- Fixed an issue with inserting line breaks in a LaTeX cell.
- Fixed a bug that changing the code cell language in a floating window didn’t update the code cell in the main window.